Bus/taxi drivers, social carers, social workers rehabilitation workers, volunteers, anyone interested in skills in this field.
Aim of the course
Provide all necessary information to bus drivers and other professionals involved in the transport of disabled passengers and services. Explain how to treat and interact with passengers in a respectful manner, who have visual, hearing, perceptual, mobility or mental disabilities.
- Psychological adaptation training. Explain what are the characteristics of communication, behavioural, psychological characteristics of people with functional disabilities.
- Explain what health problems people with disabilities tend to have.
- Explain the differences between vision, hearing, movement, mobility, perceptual and intellectual disabilities.
- Teaching how to properly assist a visually impaired person.
- Explaining and giving practical training on how to work with a person who has a certified assistance dog.
- Teaching how to communicate with people who are hearing impaired.
- Teaching how to help people with reduced mobility properly and safely including in a wheelchair.
- Teaching how to speak in easy language with people who have perceptive or mental disabilities.
Programme length: 1 day, 6 hours. At the end of the programme: certificate of completion of the 6-hour training programme 6 hours of training on the topic “Disability training”. Programme costs: group fee (according to the contract)
Apply for course
Tel: 67533895, mobile: 26118508 E-mail: email@example.com Training place by arrangement/ Braila iela 10, Rīga, LV-1024, Jugla The LNB Rehabilitation Centre has developed the training programme in accordance with European Parliament Council Regulation No.181/2011 on the and amending Article 16 of Regulation (EC) No 206/2004 and harmonised on 09.08.2019. No 1.15/183 VSIA “Road Transport Directorate”.